+20 Free LGBT Books [PDF]
To expand our virtual library with more current topics, we have created a collection of LGBT books in PDF format. This is an absolutely current topic that we know will be well received by our reading community.
The struggles of social groups to eradicate behaviors that harm social coexistence will always have relevance in the issues of the community. That is why we hope that our LGBT books will be well received by the public.
LGBT stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender, and is therefore the identity of the movement that fights for non-discrimination and social justice for minorities with sexual preferences different from heterosexuality.
Since June 28, 1969, Gay Pride has been celebrated every year in this month. On that day there was an event that marked the struggle for the rights of the LGBT community, a police raid on the Stonewall bar, which was very popular among homosexuals and where the sale of alcoholic beverages was prohibited.
The rebellion against this raid became a historic event, represented by the courage of these people who dared to raise their voices. Since then, LGBT has been synonymous with struggle, political activism and the conquest of fundamental rights such as the right to be treated with social and legal equality.
Another aspect that this movement aims to combat is the homophobic violence they have had to face for years just because of their sexual and/or gender choice. This is perhaps one of the consequences of discrimination that exposes the physical integrity and dignity of the LGBT community to great danger.
Discover more fundamental elements of this phenomenon that every day reaches more visibility in the global society by consulting our more than 20 LGBT books in PDF format. These titles are available for free download on your various electronic devices.
Read. Learn. Grow.
Here we present our complete selection of LGBT books:
1) Top Health Issues for LGBT Populations Information & Resource Kit
Autor: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
2) Professionally speaking: Challenges to Achieving Equality for LGBT People
Autor: European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
3) Social exclusion of young lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in Europe
Autor: Judit Takács
Fuente: Salto Youth
5) Sport, Physical Activity & LGBT
Autor: Louise Englefield, Di Cunningham, Ali Mahoney
Fuente: Amazon AWS
6) The Safe Space Kit: Guide to Being an Ally to LGBT Students
Autor: Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network
Fuente: US Department of Education
7) How Might Legal Recognition of Same-Sex Marriage Affect Retirement Incomes and Federal Programs?
Autor: Karen E. Smith, Stephen Rose, Damir Cosic
Fuente: The Urban Newtown, Sídney
8) The Thoughtful Voter’s Guide toSame-Sex Marriage
Autor: David Morris
13) Marriage and Family: LGBT Individuals and Same-Sex Couples
Autor: Gary J. Gates
Fuente: US Department of Education
14) Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) health services in the United States: Origins, evolution, and contemporary landscape
Autor: Alexander J. Martos, Patrick A. Wilson y Ilan H. Meye
15) The Intersectionality of Flags, Religion, and the Gay Pride Movement
Autor: Amy Langston
17) Working With Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Families in Foster Care and Adoption
Autor: Children’s Bureau
18) Gay and Lesbian Adoptive Parents: Resources for Professionals and Parents
19) Age Differences in LGBT Attitudes Toward Marriage Equality
Autor: Elaine M. Maccio, Sara Mateer DeRosa, Scott E. Wilks
Fuente: Open Access Journals at IUPUI
21) Perspectives on Equity in LGBTQ Adoption (Article)
Autor: Rachel Albert
22) Why is same-sex marriage important? (Article)
Autor: Equality Network
Fuente: Equality Network
23) Talking About LGBT People & Equality (Article)
Autor: Movement Advancement Project
Fuente: Movement Advancement Project
24) LGBTQ + Pride Month (Article)
Autor: University of California, San Francisco
Here ends our selection of free LGBT books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.