+20 Free Ophthalmology Books [PDF]
The eye is one of the most precious organs of the human being. With them we can see the world around us and any condition related to this part of the body affects us in our daily lives. Hence the relevance of one of the current medical specialties that specifically treats the eye. We present to you in this section our anthology of ophthalmology books in PDF format. With them you will be able to investigate basic notions and data of scientific interest.
The first treatise on ophthalmology was the Sushruta Samhita, written by the Indian physician Sushruta between the 3rd and 4th centuries AD. It describes more than 70 diseases of the eye, including 51 requiring surgery, such as cataracts. It also explains the use of certain surgical instruments and some ophthalmologic procedures. In Ancient Greece, there were also hypotheses about the composition of the eye. In our ophthalmology books you will find interesting information about this important medical area.
Ophthalmology is the medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of eye conditions. Eye diseases may require treatment with medications, such as allergies, infections and inflammations, such as styes. But others may require surgical intervention, such as myopia, glaucoma or cataracts. Ophthalmology should not be confused with optometry, which treats vision problems such as astigmatism or strabismus.
People should go for an ophthalmologic exam periodically, at least once a year. In this way, it is possible to avoid eye problems in time and work on the prevention of serious diseases that could lead to total loss of vision.
We invite you to explore our more than 20 books on ophthalmology in PDF format so you can start your research studies in this medical specialty. Remember that the titles are available for free and immediate download.
Read. Learn. Grow.
Here we present our complete selection of Ophthalmology books:
2) Basic Ophthalmology
Autor: Richard C. Allen, Richard A. Harper
3) The Handbook of Ocular Disease Management
Autor: Joseph W. Sowka, Andrew S. Gurwood, Alan G. Kabat
Fuente: Review of Optometry
4) Orientation, history taking, and examination (Presentation)
Autor: Essam Osman
5) Standard Treatment Guidelines Opthalmology
Autor: Dr. Venkatesh Prajna
Fuente: The Clinical Establishments
7) Neuro-ophthalmology review (Presentation)
Autor: Daniah Alshowaeir
8) Ophthalmology Procedures Manual
Autor: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
9) Ophthalmology Milestones (Presentation)
Autor: Pratap Challa, Jillian Chong, Susan Culican
10) International Council of Ophthalmology
Autor: Sue Lightman and Peter McCluskey
11) Ophthalmology and Eye Disease
Autor: School of Medicine Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
Fuente: The University of Auckland
14) Pediatric Neuro-Ophthalmology
Autor: B. Lorenz
Fuente: Lithuanian University of Health
15) Preliminary Evaluation of the Clinical Benefit of a Novel Visual Rehabilitation Program in Patients Implanted with Trifocal Diffractive Intraocular Lenses
Autor: David P. Piñero, Ainhoa Molina Martin, María L. Ramón
16) Primary Eye Care, Community Ophthalmology and General Ophthalmology
Autor: Royal College of Ophthalmologists
17) Neuro-ophthalmology: Examination and investigation
Autor: David Francis Gilmour
18) A Glossary for Pseudo Conditions in Ophthalmology
Autor: Burak Turgut, Sabiha Gungor Kobat
19) Commonly used ophthalmic abbreviations (Article)
Autor: Amy Halloran
20) Prevalence of eye diseases and refractive errors in children seen at a referral center for ophthalmology in the central-west region, Brazil
Autor: Maria Nice Araujo; Marcos Pereira; David Leonardo
Fuente: SciELO – Brazil
21) Eye diseases
Autor: Australian Government Department of Health
22) Ophthalmology Abbreviations Alphabetical (Article)
Autor: University of Illinois Chicago
Fuente: University of Illinois Chicago
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Medical books in PDF format?