We present this important collection of books on mental health in PDF format, aimed at the entire reading community interested in research in this area of study. According to the WHO, mental health goes beyond the absence of disease, it has to do with general well-being and the development of capabilities.
With this selection of mental health books, as always, we seek to promote free access to knowledge and free information. Especially, when it comes to health issues that become indispensable for any individual, community and society in the world.
We can define mental health as an integral state of physical, social and mental well-being. When people are mentally healthy, they can develop all their capabilities, be productive, cope with stress, contribute to their community and fulfill themselves in all aspects of their lives.
Therefore, governments and health-related organizations should direct their efforts to promote, foster and preserve mental health through strategies, policies, programs and all kinds of activities that meet this objective.
Mental health may be affected by biological, genetic or biochemical factors in the brain. Also by social factors such as socioeconomic pressures that can be reflected in poverty rates and low access to education. And also by psychological factors, such as personality and other elements that make certain people more prone to mental disorders.
Some strategies to promote mental health may include: child intervention and protection, social support for the elderly, educational programs, housing policies, poverty alleviation, social inclusion initiatives, among others.
Check out our more than 15 mental health books in PDF format and download the ones you prefer for free on any of your electronic devices.
Here we present our complete selection of Mental Health books:
1) Mental Health is for Everyone
The Durham Community CollectiveSource: The Durham Community Collective
3) Look After your Mental Health Using Exercise
Mental Health FoundationSource: Mental Health Foundation
5) Adolescent Mental Health Matters
United Nations International Childrens Emergency FundSource: United Nations International Childrens Emergency Fund
6) Lesson 1: Mental Health, Health Habits, and Exercise
Manitoba Education and Early Childhood LearningSource: Manitoba Education and Early Childhood Learning
7) Junior High Mental Health Kit Manual
Alberta Health ServicesSource: Alberta Health Services
8) The Mental Health of Adolescents: A National Profile, 2008
David Knopf, M Jane Park, Tina Paul MulyeSource: National Adolescent and Young Adult Health
9) Conscious Dance: Perceived Benefits and Psychological Well-Being of Participants
University of Southern QueenslandSource: University of Southern Queensland
12) Mental Health Awareness (Presentation)
Institution of Occupational Safety and HealthSource: Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
13) Mental Health is Important (Presentation)
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Board HQSource: NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Board HQ
14) Role of Mental Health in Society: Psychosocial Treatments (Presentation)
Carol HarveySource: National Center for Neurology and Psychiatry
15) Defining Mental Health and Wellbeing (Article)
Enhancing Student WellbeingSource: Enhancing Student Wellbeing
16) Emotional Wellness Checklist (Article)
National Institutes of HealthSource: National Institutes of Health
17) The Effects of Laughter Therapy on Mental Health: An Integrative Literature Review (Article)
Kissa Bahari, Josephine D LoricaSource: Central Library of Poltekkes Kemenkes Malang
18) Physical Activity and Mental Health: The Association Between Exercise and Mood (Article)
Marco Aurelio Monteiro Peluso, Laura Helena Silveira Guerra de AndradeSource: SciELO Brasil
19) Cultural Dance and Health: A Review of the Literature (Article)
Anna E OlveraSource: Education Resources Information Center
Here ends our selection of free Mental Health books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Psychology books in PDF format?