+15 Free Mexican Mythology Books [PDF]
Mexico is a country full of an interesting cultural mix, coming from its history. Discover the meeting of two civilizations with our Mexican Mythology PDF books. If there was one country on the continent that experienced a bloody struggle during the time of colonization, it was Mexico. This is because the indigenous groups were very strong and advanced as civilizations.
The Aztec myths and everything that represents their culture survived with dignity after the colonization process. However, within the vast mythology of Mexico, there is some Christian influence. Explore it with our books on Mexican mythology, free access and immediate download.
The Mayan and Aztec civilizations were the ones that settled in the pre-colonial period, throughout Mexican territory. Of warrior character and with a hierarchical order respected by the inhabitants, they reigned in the previously conquered territories. This gave rise to a series of stories full of heroic events, with their respective gods and mythological creatures.
With the arrival of the Spanish and Christianity, logically, there was a cultural transformation and an interesting mix that to this day is part of the idiosyncrasy of the Mexican people. However, it could be said that Aztec mythology survived, despite the harsh colonizing process, since this civilization constituted one of the largest empires in the country.
For the Aztecs, the history of the world was divided into four phases or, as they called them, suns. In each of these periods there was a god who ruled and all of them ended tragically. Let’s remember that they practiced sacrifices, which served as offerings to the different gods, feeding the belief that this helped to maintain order and harmony in the world.
Learn about these interesting episodes by consulting our collection of more than 15 books on Mexican mythology in PDF format, which you will find below, ready to download.
Read. Learn. Grow.
Here we present our complete selection of Mexican Mythology books:
3) Man-Like Gods and Deified Men In Mexican Cosmolore
Autor: Anna-Britta Hellbom
Fuente: Electronic Journal of Folklore
4) Aztec Mythology: The Influence of Aztec Mythology on Mexican Culture and History
Autor: James W. Salterio Torres
Fuente: University of Houston
7) Gender and Roles of Lunar Deities in Postclassic Central Mexico and Their Correlations With the Maya Area
Autor: Susan Milbrath
Fuente: Universidad Autónoma de México
9) Children of the Plumed Serpent: The Legacy of Quetzalcoatl in Ancient Mexico
Autor: Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Fuente: Los Angeles County Museum of Art
11) Beyond Rain and Storm: Tlaloc and his Relationship with Warfare, Earth and Territory in Teotihuacan
Autor: Aurelie Couvreur
13) Mythology of Indian Stocks North of Mexico
Autor: Alexander F. Chamberlain
16) The fifth sun, with ancient Mexican history and astronomy (Article)
Autor: Zoltan Andrew Simon
Fuente: Academic Journals
18) The Legend of Popocatepetl & Iztaccíhuatl: A Love Story (Article)
Autor: Vanderbilt University
Fuente: Vanderbilt University
19) If Mountains Could Speak: Ancient Toponyms Recorded at Teotihuacan, Mexico
Autor: Christophe Helmke and Jerper Nielsen
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Mythology books in PDF format?