+20 Free Statistics Books [PDF]
Collecting information about reality to obtain a data-based “snapshot” of some of its aspects is one of the most useful ways to use mathematics. Given its importance, we have decided to make a compilation of statistics books in PDF format, to quench your thirst for knowledge. We are pleased to accompany your research work on this important subject, especially as an auxiliary branch of many exact, natural and social sciences.
Statistics originated in the 18th century and is attributed to the economist Gottfried Achenwall, who defined it as the science of state affairs. In fact, until now statistics has been used to investigate information of political and governmental interest. This discipline is present in many areas of public life. Thanks to it, indispensable data is obtained to understand the realities of the world. Become an expert in this branch of mathematics by studying our books on statistics.
Statistics can be defined as the discipline that studies, collects, analyzes and describes a set of data. This data is then compared with other data to obtain a complete result. Among its most relevant uses is the study of a specific population or sample, to see how it has evolved or how it can provide a solution to a given problem.
Statistics can be divided into descriptive statistics (describes the characteristics of a data set), inferential statistics (uses methods to make predictions and generalizations), parametric statistics (works on the hypothesis of the distribution of the data) and nonparametric statistics (does not assume that the data have a specific type of distribution).
This important discipline could not fail to have a section of more than 20 books of statistics in PDF. Learn all about the subject and download our titles right now on your electronic devices.
Read. Learn. Grow.
Here we present our complete selection of Statistics books:
2) An Introduction to the Science of Statistics: From Theory to Implementation
Autor: Joseph C. Watkins
Fuente: Arizona Math
3) Introduction to descriptive and parametric statistic with R
Autor: Antoine Tordeux
Fuente: Forschungszentrum Jülich
4) Probability and Statistics
Autor: Michael J. Evans and Jeffrey S. Rosenthal
Fuente: University of Toronto
5) Inferential Statistics (testing hypotheses)
Autor: Geoff Coates
8) Parametric and Non-Parametric Statistics for Program Performance Analysis and Comparison
Autor: Julien Worms, Sid Touati
11) Basic Principles of Statistical Inference (Presentation)
Autor: Kosuke Imai
Fuente: Harvard University
12) Inferential Statistics (Presentation)
Autor: Katie Rommel-Esham
Fuente: SUNY Geneseo
13) Introduction to Inferential Statistics: Sampling and the Sampling Distribution (Presentation)
Autor: Ernesto F. L. Amaral
Fuente: Ernesto F. L. Amaral
14) Descriptive Statistics and Exploratory Data Analysis (Presentation)
Autor: University of Washington UW
Fuente: UW Genome Sciences
15) Lecture Notes 1
Autor: Stony Brook University, New York
Fuente: Stony Brook University, New York
16) SPSS: Descriptive and Inferential Statistics
Autor: Division of Statitics, Scientific Computation
17) Module 4: Inferential Statistics (Presentation)
Autor: Nova Southeastern University
Fuente: Nova Southeastern University
18) Descriptive Statistics
Autor: Number Cruncher Statistical System
19) Analysis and Interpretation: Descriptive Statistics (Presentation)
Autor: Eduardo Figueiredo
20) Frequently Used Statistics Formulas and Tables
Autor: Hagerstown Community College
Fuente: Hagerstown Community College
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Mathematics books in PDF format?