We always hear it said that children are the future of humanity, but to what extent do we help them develop important thinking skills to be critical of their reality? With our selection of philosophy books for children in PDF format, we want to contribute to this noble purpose.
Education in childhood is extremely important, because at that time the foundations of what will be a healthy and fulfilling adult life are sown. The mind and brain of a child are at a time of absorption and learning a large percentage of what they receive. Therefore, it is important to introduce them to reflection. You can do this with the help of our collection of philosophy books for children.
Philosophy for children usually requires texts that are adapted to the abilities and interests of the little ones. The idea is to make them easy to understand and find a way to introduce them to this discipline and way of approaching reality in an effective way. Although philosophy may seem complex and inaccessible, the truth is that anyone can get into it with the right guidance.
Teaching philosophy to children can help them engage in meaningful learning, develop reflection and ask important questions to become aware of their own inner processes. This is something that would help them a lot in the future, not only as a basis for learning about all subjects, but to know themselves and the world around them in a profound way.
Check out this amazing collection of more than 15 philosophy books for children in PDF format, with which you can learn how to approach this subject to transmit it in a timely manner to the youngest of the house.
Here we present our complete selection of Philosophy for Children books:
1) Toward a Critical Philosophy for Children
James FunstonSource: Portland State University
2) Philosophy and Education
Central University Of KashmirSource: Central University Of Kashmir
3) Implication of Philosophy in Modern Education
Amazon Web ServicesSource: Amazon Web Services
4) The Concept of Curiosity in the Practice of Philosophy for Children
Irem Gunhan AltiparmakSource: Portal of Croatian Scientific and Professional Journals
5) Philosophical Insight Into Primary Education
Evang H M MolagunSource: Kwara State College of Education
6) Improving Pre-schoolers Reasoning Skills Using the Philosophy for Children Programme
Egle Sare,Piret Luik,Tiia TulvisteSource: Estonian Academy Publishers
7) Commentary on Matthew Lipmans The educational role of philosophy
Philip CamSource: Corrupt the Youth web
8) Autonomy Democratic Community and Citizenship in Philosophy for Children Dewey and Philosophy for Childrens Rejection of the Individual Community Dualism
Jennifer BleazbySource: Monash University
10) Philosophy in Primary Schools Fostering Thinking Skills and Literacy
Robert FisherSource: Teacher Tools London Gifted and Talented
11) Philosophy for Children as Listening Avoiding Pitfalls of Instrumentalization
Tomaz Grusovnik1,Lucija HercogSource: Portal of Croatian Scientific and Professional Journals
12) Conceptions of Childhood in the Educational Philosophies of John Locke and John Dewey (Article)
Gregory Lewis BynumSource: Education Resources Information Center
13) Using a Philosophers Pedagogy to Teach School Subjects The case of Ethnic Studies at Kailua High School
Amber Strong MakaiauSource: University of Hawai'i Uehiro Academy for Philosophy and Ethics Education
14) Developing Thinking Capacity in Children The role of Philosophy for Children P4C (Presentation)
Keith ToppingSource: The University of Queensland
15) Your Image of the Child Where Teaching Begins (Article)
Loris MalaguzziSource: North American Reggio Emilia Alliance
16) Philosophy for Children in Hawaii A Community Circle Discussion
Benjamin LukeySource: Education Resources Information Center
Here ends our selection of free Philosophy for Children books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want books on Philosophy in PDF format?