If you want to know details about the technologies that are revolutionizing the world, we invite you to read our collection of virtual and augmented reality books in PDF format.
On the one hand, virtual reality offers the possibility of creating a whole digital or virtual world out of nothing, including everything the user or designer desires.
Augmented reality adds virtual components or elements to the real environment, through images or graphics.
All these realities are made possible thanks to the technological devices developed or created for this purpose; these are the ones that make it possible for us to interact with our environment more creatively and attractively.
These new technologies have made inroads in different sectors such as culture, marketing, tourism, events, etc., all this and more can be found in our more than 45 free books and articles on virtual and augmented reality in PDF format.
Virtual and Augmented Reality Books
3) Virtual Reality - History, Applications, Technology and Future
Tomasz Mazuryk and Michael Gervautz
4) Privacy of Virtual Reality - Our Future in the Metaverse and Beyond
Girard Kelly, Jeff Graham, Jill Bronfman and Steve Garton
5) Introduction to virtual reality
Gilson Giraldi, Rodrigo Silva and Jauvane C. De Oliveira
6) Exploring the benefits of the virtual reality technologies for assembly retrieval applications
Katia Lupinetti, Brigida Bonino, Franca Giannin and Marina Monti
7) The Advantages of Virtual Reality in Skill Development - Training Based on Project Comparison (2009-2018)
Sunny Thapa Magar and Hae Jung Suk
9) An Overview of Augmented Reality
Fabio Arena, Mario Collotta, Giovanni Pau and Francesco Termine
12) Taxonomy of Virtual and Augmented Reality Applications in Education
Jiri Motejlek and Esat Alpay
15) Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and their effect on learning style in the creative design process
Tilanka Chandrasekera and So-Yeon Yoon
Virtual and Augmented Reality Technology Books
Virtual and augmented reality technology is constantly evolving and offers a wide variety of devices, hardware, and software to enhance the user experience.
Virtual and augmented reality devices, such as goggles, headsets, helmets, gloves, and full-body suits, allow the user to immerse themselves in a virtual world and add virtual elements to the real world.
These devices use sensor technology to detect the user’s movements and provide an immersive and realistic experience. Learn more with the following books and articles in PDF format.
17) Skin Electronics: Next-Generation Device Platform for Virtual and Augmented Reality
Jae Joon Kim, Yan Wang, Haoyang Wang and others
18) Immersive Interconnected Virtual and Augmented Reality - A 5G and IoT perspective
Maria Torres Vega, Christos Liaskos and others
19) Augmented reality and virtual reality displays - Perspectives and challenges
Tao Zhan, Kun Yin, Jianghao Xiong, Ziqian He and Shin-Tson Wu
20) Augmented Reality Smart Glasses: Definition, Conceptual Insights, and Managerial Importance
Philipp A. Rauschnabel, Alexander Brem, Young K. Ro
21) Understanding Virtual Reality Technology - Advances and Applications
Moses Okechukwu Onyesolu and Felista Udoka Eze
22) General-purpose modular hardware and software framework for mobile outdoor augmented reality applications in engineering
Amir H. Behzadan, Brian W. Timm B. And Vineet R. Kamat
23) Near-Sensor Distributed DNN Processing for Augmented and Virtual Reality
Reid Pinkham, Andrew Berkovich and Zhengya Zhang
25) Virtual Reality Technology in Teaching Computer Hardware - A Prototype and Assessment from User Perspectives (Article)
Heba Fasihuddin P.
Books on Virtual and Augmented Reality Applications
Virtual and augmented reality is transforming the way we interact with the world around us and offer a wide variety of applications in different industries.
In the entertainment sector, virtual reality is being used to create immersive experiences in video games and movies, while augmented reality is enhancing the viewing experience at sporting events and concerts.
In medicine, these technologies are being used to train healthcare professionals and improve the accuracy of surgical procedures. We invite you to learn a little more about the applications of virtual and augmented reality with the following free books and articles.
27) Application of Virtual Reality to the Engineering Design Process
Ralph Grzybek, Greg Pelland and Maricella Ramirez
30) The use of virtual reality to increase efficiency and profitability in different industries and functions
33) Teaching Methodology for Understanding Virtual Reality and Application Development in Engineering Major
Jihyung Kim, Kyeong-sun Kim, Jonghyeon Ka and Wooksung Kim
34) Virtual and Augmented Reality Applications for Environmental Science Education and Training
Yusuf Sermet and Ibrahim Demir
35) Virtual and Augmented Reality in Architectural Design and Education - An Immersive Multimodal Platform to Support Architectural Pedagogy
Julie Milovanovic and others
37) Creation of Virtual Reality for Education Purposes
Peter Kuna, Alena Hasková and Lubos Borza
38) The Benefits of Virtual Reality in Education - A Comparison Study
Mustafa Hussein and Carl Nätterdal
40) The Application of Virtual Reality in Engineering Education
Maged Soliman, Apostolos Pesyridis and others
Virtual and Augmented Reality Development Books
Virtual and augmented reality development requires the use of specific development tools and platforms, as well as knowledge of specialized programming languages and design techniques.
Development tools and platforms are designed to enable developers to create high-quality virtual and augmented reality experiences more efficiently.
For you to learn more and have examples of developments, we provide you with books and articles on virtual and augmented reality development.
43) Developing virtual reality applications: The design and evaluation of virtual reality development tools for novice users.
David J. Kabala
44) The AR/VR Technology Stack: A Central Repository of Software Development Libraries, Platforms, and Tools
45) Virtual Reality in Design Processes - a literature review of benefits, challenges, and potentials
46) Review of the course “Development of Virtual and Augmented Reality Software” for STEM teachers - implementation results and improvement potentials
Serhiy O. Semerikov, Mykhailo M. Mintii and Iryna S. Mintii
47) AR/VR Development Landscape
Chandrama Prasad, Nilima Nikam, Yougansh Thakur, Basilio D’souza, and Ninad Pandey
48) A Review of Virtual Reality-Based Language Learning Apps
Anke Berns and Salvador Reyes-Sánchez
Virtual and Augmented Reality Experience Design Books
The design of virtual and augmented reality experiences is key to offering users an immersive and engaging experience. In designing these experiences, it is important to consider user interaction with the virtual or augmented environment, as well as accessibility and usability.
Designing virtual and augmented reality experiences also involves creating realistic and detailed virtual environments and objects that allow users to interact with them naturally and fluidly.
If you are interested in learning more about virtual and augmented reality experience design, we recommend you explore the following free books and articles in PDF format.
50) A classification schema for designing augmented reality experiences
Shaun Bangay and Sophie McKenzie
51) How to design compelling Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality experience?
Simon Richir, Philippe Fuchs, Domitile Lourdeaux and others
52) A Review of Augmented Reality Research for Design Practice - Looking to the Future
Lorenzo Giunta, Elies Dekoninck, James Gopsill, Jamie O’Hare
Here ends our selection of free Virtual and Augmented Reality Books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Computing books in PDF format?