It is natural to suffer losses in life, both material and immaterial. This is part of everyday life, however, it is not an easy process to cope with, especially when there is a strong bond or attachment to the person, situation or thing that is lost. Let’s see with our collection of books to overcome grief in PDF format, how we can handle the emotion of loss that at any time we will have to face.
Grief is not only felt when someone dies, although it is perhaps one of the most difficult types of losses to overcome, especially if it is a very close loved one. Fortunately, there are resources such as books for overcoming grief and different experts in the field that provide us with support in complex moments like this.
Grief can be defined as a psycho-emotional process we all go through when we lose someone or something. It can be a separation, a death, a dismissal from a job, a change of address, a robbery, etc. In general, grief is the path we must follow to leave the past behind and to be able to move forward into the future.
Like any process, grief also consists of stages or phases, which we will describe below:
- Denial: Manifested at the beginning of the loss, there is a sense of shock or unreality that can sometimes be accompanied by paralysis of emotions. Denial of the facts may lead the person to deceive themself.
- Anger: This is the most common feeling that arises after the denial stage that may be accompanied by assigning blame for what happened.
- Bargaining: This is characterized by the search for solutions or options to reverse the situation, even if the loss is inevitable.
- Depression: At this point, the reality of the loss begins to be taken seriously, which generates a deep sense of sadness.
- Acceptance: The reality of what has happened is understood, taking it as a normal part of life. It can be said that at this point the wound heals definitively, although the scar will never be erased.
We invite you to read more than 15 books to overcome grief in PDF format, an interesting path towards the acceptance of losses as something natural.
Here we present our complete selection of Books to Overcome Grief:
1) Coping with the Death of a Loved One
J & S Garrett Pty LtdSource: Counselling Connection
2) A Journal for the First Year of Grieving and Beyond
Best Health System in Orange CountySource: Best Health System in Orange County
3) Supporting You with Your Grieving Process During the COVID 19 Pandemic
Emma Bohan,Louise Hannigan,Marie WalshSource: The Psychological Society of Ireland
4) Understanding Your Grief One Day at a Time
Alan D WolfeltSource: Curlew Hills Memory Gardens
7) Beyond the Myths of Coping with Loss Prevailing Assumptions Versus Scientific Evidence
Camille B Wortman,Kathrin BoerneSource: Department of Psychology Stony Brook University
9) The Experience of Grief and Loss (Presentation)
Stephanie HallSource: Monmouth University
12) How To Support A Grieving Friend (Article)
Howard Payne UniversitySource: Howard Payne University
13) Coping with Grief Following a Death (Article)
Veterans AffairsSource: Veterans Affairs
15) When a Loved One Dies from COVID 19 (Article)
Center for the Study of Traumatic StressSource: Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress
16) Finding HOPE Inside Ones Grief (Article)
Lindner Center of HOPESource: Lindner Center of HOPE
17) Coping After the Violent Death of a Loved One (Article)
University of WashingtonSource: University of Washington
Here ends our selection of free Books to Overcome Grief in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Self Improvement books in PDF format?