Philosophical doctrines are always important to understand the root of scientific and humanistic knowledge. This time we present to you a very relevant collection of stoicism books in PDF format.
We have heard the term stoicism in everyday life and it relates to an attitude towards life in which we retain emotional control. But with our selection of stoicism books you will realize that it goes much further.
Stoicism is a philosophical school created in Ancient Greece by Zeno of Citium around 300 BC. The main objective of this doctrine was to achieve imperturbability by dominating the passions and letting reason and virtuous conduct predominate.
The Stoics called this absence of disturbing emotions «ataraxia». To achieve this state of non-disturbance it was necessary to abandon material ambition and live in austerity, as well as to refrain from making moral judgments of any kind. In this way, emotional control and respect for the natural laws of the universe were encouraged.
With the passage of time, stoicism has evolved and even today there are people who like to follow its precepts. One of the most prominent representatives of this doctrine in the modern era has been the Italian Massimo Pigliucci, in whose publication «How to be a Stoic», reveals that there is no strict or unique way of practicing Stoicism. True Stoics combine methods, techniques and practices that help them achieve their life goals and walk a unique path.
Check out this super collection of over 15 stoicism books in PDF format that we are sure you will enjoy and find useful for your studies and research. Be sure to download the one you like best.
Read. Learn. Grow.
Here we present our complete selection of Stoicism books:
3) Stoic and Christian Conceptions of Happiness
David NaugleSource: Dallas Baptist University
4) Christian-Stoicism: Exploring the Relationshipbetween Christianity and Stoicism andConstructing a Manual of Christian-Stoic Wisdom
Trevor KellySource: Sacred Heart University
5) Epictetus-A Stoic and Socratic Guide to Life
Universidade de Sao PauloSource: Universidade de Sao Paulo
6) A Selection from the Discourses of Epictetus With the Encheiridion
EpictetusSource: Faculties and Staffs’ Homepages
7) Nazis and Neo-Stoics - Otto Brunner and Gerhard Oestreich Before and After the Second World War
10) A Stoic Approach to Living a Meaningful Life
Andrew M. WintersSource: Journal of Philosophy of Life
13) Kant and Stoic Cosmopolitanism
Martha C. NussbaumSource: European University Institute
15) Scepticism, Stoicism and Subjectivity: Reappraising Montaigne’s Influence on Descartes
Jesús Navarro ReyesSource: Universidad de La Rioja
16) Beauty as harmony of the soul: the aesthetic of the Stoics
Jennifer A. McMahonSource: Core
17) In Matters of Faith: Christianity vs. Stoicism
Kevin MillerSource: Southeastern Louisiana University
Here ends our selection of free Stoicism books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Self Improvement books in PDF format?