+15 Free Sculpture Books [PDF]
The importance of sculpture goes far beyond the aesthetic or ornamental, it is part of the great heritage of humanity and, as such, deserves to be appreciated and studied. That motivated us to create this collection of Sculpture books in PDF format, to facilitate research on this charming plastic art.
Throughout history, there have been exponents of great relevance for this art, among them emblematic figures such as Leonardo Da Vinci or Michelangelo. Learn by reading our sculpture books how these artists came to enchant both politicians and religious people with their carving and sculpture techniques.
Through sculpture, majestic works have been created, which for many centuries had ritual, religious or political purposes. Today, their purposes are more aesthetic and of appreciation of the work of art itself, under a conceptual work that structures it.
In general, sculpture is defined as the art of carving stone, sculpting, chiseling or molding forms through various materials. Among them are stone, metals, clay and resin. Today, however, the concept has expanded, making it more complex. Many artists, today, make assemblages and installations that are also considered, to a large extent, true sculptures.
Learn the techniques, materials, function and history of one of the most appreciated fine arts in previous centuries. And while it may not have the same meaning today, it is still a way of expressing an artist’s ideas and emotions. It’s time to repopulate museums with the best of current and historical sculpture.
We encourage you to review our more than 15 sculpture books available, free of charge, for your enjoyment and to expand your knowledge on this interesting subject.
Read. Learn. Grow.
Here we present our complete selection of Sculpture books:
1) Masterpieces of the J. Paul Getty Museum
Autor: Los Angeles THE J. Paul Getty Museum
2) Conserving Outdoor Painted Sculpture
Autor: The Getty Conservation Institute Los Angeles
4) Sculpture of the twentieth century
Autor: Museum of Modern Art
Fuente: The Museum of Modern Art
5) Lives of the Most Eminent Painters Sculptors and Architects
Autor: Giorgio Vasari
Fuente: Traveling in Tuscany
6) Technical Observations on the Sculptures from the Temple of Zeus at Olympia
Autor: John Younger, Paul Rehak
8) Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math
Autor: Steven Tobin
9) What is-Sculpture?
Autor: Irish Museum of Modern Art: IMMA
Fuente: Irish Museum of Modern Art
11) Art in our Midst: Columbus – African American Sculptors to Know
Autor: The Sculpture Center
Fuente: The Sculpture Center
13) Unmasking a wild man: scientific analysis of Bertoldo di Giovanni’s Shield Bearer in The Frick Collection
Autor: Elena Basso, Federica Pozzi, Julia Day
14) The Golden Beauty: Brain Response to Classical and Renaissance Sculptures
Autor: Cinzia Di Dio, Emiliano Macaluso, Giacomo Rizzolatti
15) Italian Renaissance Sculpture at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (Article)
Autor: Marietta Cambareri
16) Sculpture: Definition & Techniques (Article)
Autor: Arts At Trinity
Fuente: Arts At Trinity
17) Sculpture Vocaboulary (Article)
Autor: Sculpture Tour Eau Claire
Fuente: Sculpture Tour Eau Claire
18) Michelangelo’s David-Apollo (Article)
Autor: National Gallery of Art
Fuente: National Gallery of Art
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Art and Photography books in PDF format?