Music has been present in humanity since ancient times. All mythologies, worldviews and cultures have to their credit some anecdote related to music. Its therapeutic effects have been studied and published in this century, being a new modality of use of this art.
Taking into account its influence on people, we have taken on the task of selecting the best books on music therapy in PDF format. We know that you will be interested in studying this alternative therapy increasingly used for the treatment of physical and mental conditions.
Music has been shown to have great power over human moods, cognitive abilities and behavior. As such, it can greatly help people’s general well-being. Much has been written about this “hypnotic” power in scientific literature, mythologies and narratives. With our books on music therapy, you can learn more about its evolution and benefits.
In this sense, music therapy is defined as the use of music and its elements to create physical and psychological well-being in patients with certain health conditions.
It seeks to achieve specific changes in the individual’s behavior, allowing them to integrate in a more functional way in society and in the way they relate to life and to themselves. It is considered both an art and a science, since it has objectivity and subjectivity and is both an intimate and a collective experience.
Music therapy can be practiced with anyone of any age to treat diseases and conditions such as Alzheimer’s, autism, dementia, psychiatric pathologies, behavioral problems and even HIV patients. It has positive effects on physiological, biochemical, motor, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual levels.
What are you waiting for to consult our collection? You can start with the first three suggestions in this section of more than 15 books on music therapy in PDF format.
Here we present our complete selection of Music Therapy books:
1) Music therapy research: A review of references in the medical literature
3) Effectiveness of music therapy: a summary of systematic reviews based on randomized controlled trials of music interventions
Hiroharu Kamioka, Kiichiro Tsutani, Minoru Yamada
4) Music Therapy: Educate and Advocate
Malka Niknmafard, Jennifer Mikhli, and Ilanit Zada
6) Music therapy intervention in cardiac autonomic modulation, anxiety, and depression in mothers of preterms: randomized controlled trial
Mayara K. A. Ribeiro, Tereza R. M. Alcântara-Silva, Jordana C. M. Oliveira
8) Music Therapy Increases Comfort and Reduces Pain in Patients Recovering From Spine Surgery
John F. Mondanaro, Peter Homel, Baron Lonner
11) Music Therapy and Other Music-Based Interventions in Pediatric Health Care: An Overview
Thomas Stegemann, Monika Geretsegger, Eva Phan Quoc
14) Music Therapy: A Useful Therapeutic Tool for Health, Physical and Mental Growth (Article)
Geeta Yadav, Sarita Yadav
Here ends our selection of free Music Therapy books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Alternative Therapy books in PDF format?