For those who wish to consolidate their knowledge about alternative treatments, we have created a collection of free osteopathy books.
What is known as osteopathy is a set of non-invasive treatments and manual techniques, which are used to relieve discomfort, and treat injuries and pain through the recovery of organic balance.
This is an alternative medicine that focuses on physically manipulating the bone and muscle tissue, to achieve this, the professional who puts it into practice known as an osteopath, uses only his hands.
The use of osteopathy is recommended for a wide variety of organic discomforts such as osteoarthritis, headache or migraine, joint pain, back pain, and digestive problems (hernias, ulcers, constipation), among others.
To get all the information you want to know about this alternative medicine, we invite you to consult our more than 30 materials including books and free osteopathy articles in PDF format.
3) Osteopathic Philosophy And History
Michael A. Seffinger, Hollis H. King, Robert C. Ward and others
4) The extent and quality of evidence for osteopathic education - A scoping review
Andrew MacMillan and others
6) Osteopathy and Mental Health - An Embodied, Predictive, and Interoceptive Framework
Lucas Bohlen, Robert Shaw, Francesco Cerritelli and Jorge E. Esteves
7) Osteopaths’ professional views, identities and conceptions e A qualitative grounded theory study
Oliver P. Thomson, Nicola J. Petty, Ann P. Moore
9) Basic principles of Sports Medicine and how they relate to Osteopathic Medicine
10) A Thematic Analysis of Osteopathic Physicians’ Identities and Experiences in North American Professional Sports
Kaitlyn Blacha, Andrew Cade, Tyler Russell and Daniel Skinner
11) Traditional Osteopathy and the General Osteopathic Treatment - A Historical Concept and a Modern Application (Article)
Pascal J. Grolaux and others
14) The Benefits and Limitations of Evidencebased Practice in Osteopathy (Article)
Osteopathic Assessment Articles
Through a combination of manual skills and anatomical knowledge, osteopaths assess and diagnose dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system, as well as their impact on the overall health of the individual.
This therapeutic approach is based on the idea that the body has the innate ability to heal itself, and osteopathic assessment is an essential tool for uncovering imbalances and blockages that can hinder this healing process.
We invite you to enjoy the following free articles on osteopathic assessment. These resources are an excellent way to expand your knowledge and discover new perspectives in this fascinating field.
16) Osteopathic Treatment and Evaluation in the Clinical Setting of Childhood Hematological Malignancies
Monica Barbieri, William Zardo, Chiara Frittoli and others
18) Single session osteopathic manipulative treatment in Parkinson’s disease - a randomized clinical trial protocol
Guilherme Machado Pulcherio and others
19) Osteopathic approach to sacroiliac joint pain in pregnant patients (Article)
Kaori Morimoto, Alisha Harrington and Brian Loveless
Osteopathic Treatment Books
Osteopaths use manual techniques to relieve pain, improve mobility and restore body function. Unlike other forms of treatment, osteopathy focuses on addressing the underlying causes of ailments rather than simply treating the symptoms.
Osteopathic treatment is a popular choice for people seeking a more natural and holistic approach to addressing their health problems.
In addition to relieving pain and improving mobility, osteopathy can also help reduce stress and improve sleep quality. Enjoy the following free books and articles on osteopathic treatments.
21) The Neutral in biodynamic cranio-sacral osteopathy – an extraordinary state of consciousness
25) Fascial release effects on patients with non-specific cervical or lumbar pain
Paolo Tozzi, Davide Bongiorno and Claudio Vitturini
Osteopathy Books for Specific Conditions
Osteopathy is a therapeutic discipline that can be very effective in treating a wide variety of specific conditions.
Whether you suffer from back pain, digestive problems, migraines, or any other ailment, an osteopath can help you find relief and improve your quality of life.
If you are interested in learning more about how osteopathy can help you treat your specific conditions, we invite you to explore our free books and articles on the subject.
27) The effect of osteopathic manipulative techniques on diaphragm movement and respiratory function in asymptomatic subjects
Sharon Wendy Hosking
28) Exploring the utility of motion analysis in osteopathic clinical trials; a school-based pilot study on jaw and cervical range of motion
T. Bagory, P. Vaucher, H. Mhadhbi, M. Menard
29) Osteopathic manipulative treatment for chronic nonspecific neck pain
Helge Franke, Jan-David Franke and Gary Fryer
30) Osteopathic manipulative treatment for low back pain
John C Licciardone, Angela K Brimhall and Linda N King
31) Osteopathy for primary headache patients - a systematic review
Francesco Cerritelli, Eleonora Lacorte, Nuria Ruffini and Nicola Vanacore
32) Manual Therapy of the Mandibular Accessory Ligaments for the Management of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
Antonino Marco Cuccia, Carola Caradonna and Domenico Caradonna
33) The effects of osteopathic treatment on psychosocial factors in people with persistent pain - A systematic review
Madalina Saracutu, Jaynie Rance, Helen Davies, Darren J. Edwards
34) Physiotherapists and Osteopaths’ Attitudes - Training in Management of Temporomandibular Disorders
Stefano Saran and others
35) Knee Pain in Adults with an Osteopathic Component (Article)
Rohan Datta, Lyudmila Burina, Filippo Romanelli and Theodore B. Flaum
36) Manual therapy for temporomandibular disorders - A review of the literature (Article)
Allan Kalamir and others
39) Manual osteopathic management of knee pain secondary to musculoskeletal and joint disorders (Article)
Fergus O Connor
Here ends our selection of free Osteopathy books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Alternative Therapy books in PDF format?