+20 Free Sport Psychology Books [PDF]
Sport has always been a human activity that favors the physical and mental well-being of people. It is not surprising that in the 21st century sport psychology has flourished as a discipline with an independent and well-defined object of study. Our books on sport psychology in PDF format, will bring you up to date on this interesting subject that has led to the success of more than one athlete and team.
Sport has been with us for thousands of years, providing us with an entertainment and health experience that few other activities can match. For this reason, we have decided to compile a series of books on sport psychology, because we know that our community of readers is interested in this subject.
The field of study of this discipline is quite broad, as it studies the origin of the behaviors of individual athletes, teams, coaches and the public. The objective is to design and apply a series of strategies and techniques to improve the sporting and psychological performance of teams and individual players.
In certain sports, more than in others, it has become essential to have a sports psychologist to take teams to a higher level every year, as is the case of soccer clubs in Europe. Hence the importance of this professional who must be prepared not only in this area of study but also in the fact that they will have to face great challenges during their intervention.
High competition sports have very specific characteristics in terms of how they affect the player’s mind, so high levels of stress are managed. The task may be too big for a professional if they are not effective enough in implementing strategies.
Check out our more than 20 sport psychology books in PDF format and discover the magic of sport and psychology, united to achieve excellent results in teams and individual athletes.
Read. Learn. Grow.
Here we present our complete selection of Sport Psychology books:
1) Sport Psychology -Linking Theory to Practice
Autor: Gangyan, S., Cruz, J., Jaenes, J.C.
Fuente: Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
2) Sport Psychology: The Psychology of Athletic Excellence
Autor: Yuri L. Hanin, Natalia B. Stambulova
3) PSYCHOLOGY-Sport and exercise psychology – Key Research Guide
Autor: Oxford Cambridge and RSA
Fuente: Oxford Cambridge and RSA
4) Sport Psychology in Theory and Practice
Autor: Lars-Eric Unestahl
Fuente: Lars-Eric Unestahl
5) Defining Applied Sport and Performance Psychology
Autor: Steven T. Portenga, Mark W. Aoyagi, Gloria Balague
Fuente: APA Divisions
6) Anxiety and Fear in Sport and Performance
Autor: Shuge Zhang, Tim Woodman, Ross Roberts
7) Applied Sport Psychology Motivation, Feedback and Goal Setting for your Athletes (Presentation)
Autor: Ciara Losty
8) Special Olympics Sports Science -Sport Psychology for Coaches
Autor: Jeff Martin
Fuente: Special Olympics
9) Mental Fitness for long-term athlete Development
Autor: Karen MacNeill, Lisa Benz, Matt Brown
Fuente: Sport for Life
10) Sports Psychology
Autor: Government Arts College Coimbatore
13) Expanding socio-cultural identity research in sport psychology: The potential of athlete autobiographies
Autor: Kerry R. McGannon, Brett Smith
Fuente: Quaderns de Psicologia
14) Sport Psychology:the winning formula
Autor: Tracey Veivers
Fuente: Revolution is eSPORT
15) Effective Sport Psychology Consulting Relationships: Two Coach Case Studies
Autor: Lee-Ann Sharp And Ken Hodge
Fuente: Ulster University
16) Anxiety Affects Sports Performance (Presentation)
Autor: Shobha S.
Fuente: G.F.G.C Umbrella
17) Psychological Profile, Competitive Anxiety, Moodsand Self-Efficacy in Beach Handball Players
Autor: Rafael E. Reigal, Juan A. Vázquez-Diz, Juan P. Morillo-Baro
18) What Is This Thing Called Mental Toughness? An Investigation of Elite Sport Performers
Autor: Graham Jones, Sheldon Hanton and Declan Connaughton
Fuente: TOP Performance Consulting Ltd
19) Winning or Not Winning -The influence on Coach-Athlete Relationships and Goal Achievement
Autor: Rui Trocado mata, Antonio Ruida Silva Gomes
20) Sport Psychology-A Primer for Educators (Article)
Autor: Leonard Zaichkowsky
Fuente: Boston University
22) Effects of Anxiety on Athletic Performance (Article)
Autor: Muhammad Khushdil Khan, Alamgir Khan, Sami Ullah Khan
23) Mindsets: Developing Talent Through a Growth Mindset (Article)
Autor: Carol S. Dweck
Here ends our selection of free Sport Psychology books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more Psychology books in PDF format?