We delve into the history of one of the oldest nations in the world with this collection of books on the history of China in PDF format that we have created for our community. There are over 3,000 years of documented events worth studying.
As we have already mentioned, China is one of the oldest civilizations in the world. It begins in the Shang dynasty (1600 – 1046 BC). Before this period, the background is based on legends and some prehistoric evidence. Learn about all its phases by taking a look at these books on the history of China in PDF format.
The history of China can be divided into the following stages (with verifiable data):
Ancient China (1600 BC – 221 BC): began around the Yellow River during the Shang era, spreading as the Bronze Age culture reached its peak. China expanded in territory and population later in the feudal era. This stage culminated in its fracture into warring kingdoms.
Imperial China: marked by the union of kingdoms. These were times in which peace reigned and Chinese civilization was established, although this changed later with the conquests. The Qing and Han dynasties dominated this period.
Chinese Middle Ages: with the culmination of the Han dynasty, China again fractured into three kingdoms, until the rise of the Jin dynasty, which did not last long, to give way to the fracturing of the Northern and Southern dynasties.
Final Dynasty and Renaissance: The imperial social system is maintained and the last two dynasties develop: Ming and Qing.
The era of the Republic of China (1912-1949): The 1911 revolution overthrew the Qing dynasty, but civil war raged for many decades.
Modern China (1949-today): The People’s Republic of China is founded and communism is established. Since 1978 the growth of this nation has been remarkable, from an economic point of view.
Get to know in more detail all the events of this country, studying with the more than 15 books on the history of China in PDF format that we have gathered for you.
Here we present our complete selection of Chinese History books:
3) Historical Instances of Innovative Accounting Practices in the Chinese Dynasties and Beyond
Maxwell Aiken,Wei LuSource: CORE
5) War and Historical China: Problematizing Unification and Division in Chinese History
Victoria Tin bor HuiSource: University of Zurich
6) The Pacific War and Rise of China as a Major Power
Liu JieSource: National Institute for Defense Studies
7) Industrialization in China
Loren Brandt,Debin Ma,Thomas RawskiSource: Institute of Labor Economics
9) China's Great Boom as a Historical Process
Loren Brandt,Thomas G RawskiSource: Institute of Labor Economics
10) China's Economic Reform and Opening at Forty
Jacques Delisle,Avery GoldsteinSource: Brookings
11) Facts About the 17-Point Agreement Between Tibet and China
Song Liming, Claude Arpi and Michael van Walt van PraagSource: Central Tibetan Administration
12) The Third Indochina Conflict: Cambodia's Total War
Boraden NhemSource: Technical Reports Defense Technical Information Center
14) Demographic Dividend and Prospects for Economic Development in China
Feng Wang and Andrew MasonSource: Planet Earth with the slogan Only One Earth
15) China Overview: A Brief History of Chinese Dynasties (Presentation)
Johnston County School DistrictSource: Johnston County School District
16) The Peace and Turmoil in Ancient China and Their Relationship with Population (Presentation)
Wang HongshengSource: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
17) The Ancient History of China (Article)
Bu XianqunSource: International Committee of Historical Sciences
18) What is Early Chinese History? (Article)
Paul R GoldinSource: University of Pennsylvania
Here ends our selection of free Chinese History books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more History books in PDF format?