The history of Rome spans some 3,000 years, a very long period that constitutes the foundational stage of Western civilization. Therefore, we know that there will be no shortage of readers for our collection of Roman History Books in PDF format, where you can learn for free about an Empire that developed between wars, invasions, a large number of kings and heroic characters.
Knowing Rome and its history is really an exciting journey that every person should take. Our books on the history of Rome can guide you on this journey through relevant information. Witness how one of the most powerful empires of mankind was born, grew and fell.
The story of Rome’s origin is shrouded in incredible legends, more akin to tall tales than real history, and which experts still cannot be sure are true. According to recorded versions, the city was founded by the brothers Romulus and Remus on the banks of the Tiber River in 753 BC. The foundation was marked by the murder of Remus at the hands of his brother, due to a dispute over the ideal location of the city.
From then on, events unfolded that marked the course of an entire civilization, spanning half of the planet. Rome is the cradle of one of the world’s greatest cultural heritages, as well as witness to countless wars, reigns, revolts and exploits.
In our collection you will find information on its foundation, the republic, the empire, mythology and religion, late antiquity, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, modern and contemporary times of the great Rome.
We invite you to learn first-hand about this indispensable historical period with our more than 15 Roman history books in PDF format, along with the compilation of Roman mythology also available. Access them right now absolutely free of charge.
Here we present our complete selection of Roman History books:
2) The History of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire Volume 1
Edward GibbonSource: LimpidSoft
3) The decline and fall of the Western Roman Empire
Justin OttSource: Iowa State University Digital Repository
4) Historical Evolution of Roman Infantry Arms and Armor 753 BC - 476 AD
Evan Bossio, Robert Chase, Justin DyerSource: Worcester Polytechnic Institute
5) Ancient Rome: The Greatest Empire
Robert E. Slavin, Alli Hoge, and Kimberly SargeantSource: Success for All Foundation
6) The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (Presentation)
Student Handouts, Inc.Source: Azle ISD
8) Revision and Reconstruction of the Battles of Cannae (216 BCE) and Zama (202 BCE)
Yozan D. Mosig and Imene BelhassenSource: University of Nebraska at Kearney
9) Material AICLE. 1º de ESO: Ancient Rome: History and Culture
Junta de AndalucíaSource: Junta de Andalucía
10) The Roman Empire at its Zenith (to 235 CE)
Vanderbilt UniversitySource: Vanderbilt University
12) Adrianople: Before and After
Corry AtkinsonSource: University of North Carolina Wilmington
13) Marriage, families, and survival in the Roman imperial army: demographic aspects
Walter ScheidelSource: Princeton University
14) A Brief History of Rome
Brawley Union High School DistrictSource: Brawley Union High School District
17) Events, People, and Ideas of the Roman Empire
Province of ManitobaSource: Province of Manitoba
19) Ancient Rome Study Guide
Montessori School of PensacolaSource: Montessori School of Pensacola
20) Roman Building Materials Construction Methods and Architecture The Identity of an Empire
Michael Strickland,Dr Pamela Mack,Dr Alan GrubbSource: TigerPrints Clemson University Research
22) Heroes Saints and Gods Foundation Legends and Propaganda in Ancient and Renaissance Rome
Danielle L Marsh,Dr Ronald K Delph,Dr James P HolokaSource: Eastern Michigan University
25) Ancient Rome (Presentation)
Webster Groves School DistrictSource: Webster Groves School District
26) Ancient Rome (Presentation)
Mr Schermans CoreSource: Piedmont Unified School District
27) The Roman Empire (Presentation)
Birdville Independent School District SchoolwiresSource: Birdville Independent School District Schoolwires
28) Roman Cults and Worship Roman Cults and Worship (Presentation)
Utah State UniversitySource: Utah State University
29) Founding of Rome (Article)
Council Rock School DistrictSource: Council Rock School District
30) Ancient Rome (Presentation)
Alachua County Public SchoolsSource: Alachua County Public Schools
31) Daily Life in Ancient Rome Readings (Article)
Folsom Cordova Unified School DistrictSource: Folsom Cordova Unified School District
32) Early Influence on Roman Culture (Article)
Winston Salem Forsyth County SchoolsSource: Winston Salem Forsyth County Schools
33) Medieval Europe From the Fall of Rome to the Renaissance (Article)
Redlands Unified School DistrictSource: Redlands Unified School District
Here ends our selection of free Roman History books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more History books in PDF format?