World-class historical events are always essential for anyone to know. Therefore, we decided to gather a series of books about World War I in PDF format, taking into account its relevance and the profound social, economic and political changes that resulted from it.
If you want to study the complexity of this great war, you cannot miss our collection of books on World War I, which you can download instantly and for free.
The origin of the World War I is given by the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, archduke and heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, in 1914, in Sarajevo. The conflict that developed from this tragic event united Greece, Romania, Portugal, Italy and the United States in a common front against Germany, Austria-Hungary and later Bulgaria and the Ottoman Empire.
We are talking about one of the bloodiest wars in modern history, with around 10 million military casualties and 13 million civilian deaths. It left many after-effects: destruction, poverty, disease and even communist dictatorships. It was thought to be a quick war, but it was far from it, it dragged on for 4 years, wreaking havoc at all levels.
In this war of catastrophic magnitude for Europe, innovations in weaponry and poison gas were introduced; it was also fought, for the first time, by air. This explains the number of civilian and military deaths. Likewise, the material and territorial loss was important, resulting, among other events, in the Treaty of Versailles of 1919.
If you are passionate about world history, as we are, you cannot miss our compendium of more than 20 books on World War I in PDF format. A conflict that explains many of the dynamics of subsequent wars, leaving in its path other latent problems that would later trigger more destruction.
Here we present our complete selection of World War I books:
1) History of the World War. An Authentic Narrative of the World's Greatest War
Francis A. March and Richard J. BeamishSource: Project Gutenberg
5) AHRC WW1 Engagement Centres
Arts and Humanities Research CouncilSource: UK Research and Innovation
6) The Causes and Consequences of the Great War
University of Wisconsin-Green BaySource: University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
7) Researching the British Empire in the First World War
Imperial War MuseumsSource: Imperial War Museums
8) Letters from the First World War, 1915
The National ArchivesSource: The National Archives
9) The Chronicle Of The First World War And Its Impact On The Balkans
Erjada ProgonatiSource: ResearchGate
10) The Great War: World war, Total War
Annette BeckerSource: International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
13) War Communication during WWI
National Museum of the Marine CorpsSource: National Museum of the Marine Corps
14) The Impact of the First World War and Its Implications for Europe Today (Article)
Fraser CameronSource: Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
15) World War I and the American Red Cross (Article)
American Red CrossSource: American Red Cross
16) The Origins & Course of the First World War: Key Events
All Saints Academy DunstableSource: All Saints Academy Dunstable
17) The Great War 1914 -1918 (Presentation)
Austin Community College DistrictSource: Austin Community College District
19) The First World War 1914-1918 (Presentation)
Juan Carlos Ocaña AybarSource: Historiasiglo20.org
20) World War One (1914 –1919) (Article)
Holland Patent Central School DistrictSource: Holland Patent Central School District
21) Canada Remembers - The Last Hundred days (Article)
Veterans Affairs CanadaSource: Veterans Affairs Canada
Here ends our selection of free World War I books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more History books in PDF format?