World War II, framed by the Holocaust, was the most destructive, cruel and bloody war event in the modern history of humanity. In view of the magnitude of this unfortunate event, we wanted to put at your disposal a collection of books about World War II in PDF format, so that you can know a little more in depth everything that happened in that period of 6 years.
It is estimated that the human losses, between 1939 and 1945, was approximately 55 million. A dreadful number that still weighs on the world. Find out some facts like these, the causes and motivations of the most impacting events of the 20th century with our World War II books, which you can download for free to your computer.
With Adolf Hitler at the helm and Nazism established as a political force in Germany, this country invaded Poland on September 1, 1939, starting the already latent World War II. Previously, Germany had signed the Non-Aggression Pact with the Soviet Union, thus assuring the beginning of the territorial advance in all Europe.
Breaking the alliance, Germany decided to invade the Soviet Union in 1941, in a battle that was eventually unsuccessful, but which escalated the war to a maximum level. Among the most relevant events of this period are: the consolidation of the Holocaust, with millions of Jews deported, murdered and imprisoned in extermination camps; the Attack on Pearl Harbor; the occupation of the Low Countries, as well as those of Eastern and Western Europe by Nazi Germany; the atomic bombs dropped by the United States on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Just to mention a few.
The extermination and destruction of humanity’s cultural heritage are still incalculable. Undoubtedly, a regrettable event for world history that you have to know by taking a look at our more than 25 books on World War II in PDF format, which you can access right now.
Here we present our complete selection of World War II books:
2) The 4th Marine Division in World War II
First Lieutenant John C. Chapin, USMCRSource: Official U.S. Marine Corps Website
3) Learning Under Fire: A Combat Unit in the Southwest Pacific a Dissertation
James Scoot PowellSource: Core
4) Battle of Midway
Naval History and Heritage CommandSource: Naval History and Heritage Command
5) World War II Records in the Cartographic and Architectural Branchof the National Archives
Daryl BottomsSource: National Archives
6) The Great Wars, 1914–1945
Social Science Department Freshmen World HistorySource: Finalsite
7) Japanese Intelligence in WWII: Successes and Failures
Kotani KenSource: The National Institute for Defense Studies
8) Second World War: Causes and Consequences
Dr. Sangit Sarita DwivediSource: Delhi University
9) The Role of World War II in the Rise of Women's Work
Claudia GoldinSource: National Bureau of Economic Research
11) Finding Information on Personal Participation in World War II (Article)
National Archives and Records AdministrationSource: National Archives and Records Administration
13) World War II Heritage Guide Map (Article)
World War II Wilmington Home Front Heritage CoalitionSource: Simpleview
14) A Brief History of the U.S. Army in World War II
U.S. Army Center of Military HistorySource: U.S. Army Center of Military History
15) Silk Chutes and Hard Fighting: U.S. Marine Corps Parachute Units in World War II
Lieutenant Colonel Jon T. HoffmanSource: Official U.S. Marine Corps Website
17) Camp Huntsville: The First World War II POW Camp in Texas (Presentation)
Dr. Jeff LittlejohnSource: Sam Houston State University
19) An Archaeological Survey of World War II Military Sites in Tennessee
Benjamin C. NanceSource: Tennessee State Government
20) World War II: America's Motivation and Impact
Iowa Department of Cultural AffairsSource: Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs
22) Why Did They Fight? American Airborne Units in World War II
T.M. ChachoSource: Taylor & Francis Online
23) African Americans in World War II (Article)
The National WWII MuseumSource: The National WWII Museum
25) In World War II, Soviet women were air combat pioneers (Article)
Reina PenningtonSource: Air Force Magazine
Here ends our selection of free World War II books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.
Do you want more History books in PDF format?