Within the narrative genre there is a subgenre that had a golden age and that many consider entertaining and interesting to learn about as it is a subculture of the old west of the United States. Have you not yet discovered what we are talking about? We present you with a very special selection of cowboy books in PDF format that you will rarely see elsewhere.
The figure of the cowboy is really striking, not in vain, it was founded around it a literary, film and television genre quite successful at the time. And although unfortunately it had its decline in the last century, we cannot deny that it still has its charm and followers around the world. That’s why we invite you to explore our collection of cowboy books.
Cowboy novels and stories had a great boom during the first half of the twentieth century, after the 70’s it was declining, but the great legacy it left, fortunately, is written in pages of great narrative works. All or most of the stories are set in the 19th century, after the American Civil War, in the wild west, or old west of the same country.
The most common themes that run through the novels and short stories are as follows:
- Life on the ranch or farm, cattle ranching, grazing wars or the interest of large corporations in taking over those spaces.
- Stories of oil empires from their beginnings.
- Stories of revenge, duels and some suspense.
- Stories of Indians, Indian wars, Civil War, cavalry, among others.
- Outlaws, revolves around men living outside the law.
- Law stories, involving characters such as the sheriff and the imposition of justice in the wild west.
Have fun with any of the more than 5 cowboy books in PDF format that we offer so you can download them for free and immediately from this section of our virtual library.
Here we present our complete selection of Cowboy books:
Here ends our selection of free Cowboy books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.