Occupational health and safety are issues that have taken on great relevance in recent decades, because above all companies seek to be as productive as possible without having legal problems. Much of the welfare of employees depends on the environment that surrounds them and therefore we have made available to the community the selection of ergonomics books in PDF format.
This discipline is responsible for finding ways to ensure well-being and in our ergonomics books you can discover the right way to do it. It is an area that involves other sciences such as medicine, psychology, engineering and architecture to achieve its objectives.
Ergonomics is understood as the discipline that seeks to adapt the work environment and machinery to the anatomical, psychological and physiological characteristics of the people working in a company, organization or factory. Some of the most important objectives of ergonomics are:
- To investigate occupational hazards in order to reduce them and thus prevent occupational accidents.
- Jobs and functions should be adjusted to the employee’s functions and not the other way around.
- When introducing new technologies in the workplace, ergonomics ensures that they match the skills and characteristics of the workers.
- Apply ergonomic standards and provisions in the furniture, materials and tools that employees will use to perform their work activities.
- Create an optimal work environment.
- Increase productivity and avoid employee turnover.
Among the most important types of ergonomics are: physical ergonomics (deals with the anthropometric, anatomical, biomechanical and physiological characteristics of the worker), visual ergonomics (seeks optimal visual performance of workers exposed to screens or with a demanding visual activity) psychological ergonomics (deals with the mental processes involved in the interaction between the user, machines and the environment) and organizational ergonomics.
Do not miss any of the more than 15 ergonomics books in PDF format that we make available to you in this section of our library.
Here we present our complete selection of Ergonomics books:
1) Ergonomics in the Workplace
Health and Safety AuthoritySource: Health and Safety Authority
2) Introduction to Workplace Ergonomics
University of WashingtonSource: University of Washington
3) Benefits of Ergonomics
Urban Daub, Alexander Ackermann and Verena KoppSource: Ergoswiss AG
5) Workplace Ergonomics Program
Environmental Health and Safety Virginia TechSource: Environmental Health and Safety Virginia Tech
6) Ergonomics Program
The Occupational Safety Unit of Environmental Health & SafetySource: Environmental Health and Safety University of Rochester
8) Ergonomics Training Handouts
Serving the Needs of Vermont SchoolsSource: Serving the Needs of Vermont Schools
9) Office Chairs: An Overview of Ergonomic Standards
Catherine Smallman,Linda MillerSource: EWI Works
10) Ergonomic Analysis of Two Different Office Chairs Included in the Atenea Programme
Alfonso Panchón Ruiz and Antonio Durá DoménechSource: Dileoffice
11) Ergonomics in Action
California Department of Industrial RelationsSource: California Department of Industrial Relations
12) Ergonomic and At-work Exercises based Educational Program among Nurses Working in Hospital
Zeinab Bazvand,Sedigheh Sadat Tavafian,Sahar BoozariSource: International Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain Prevention
14) Ergonomic Hazards (Presentation)
Gary W HelmerSource: TARGET Center United States Department of Agriculture
16) Introduction to Human Factors in Engineering and Ergonomics Research Field (Presentation)
Naris CharoenpornSource: Ergonomics Human Factors in Engineering
18) The Advantages of Ergonomics (Article)
Oregon Occupational Safety and Health DivisionSource: Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division
19) Ergonomics Design Metal Chair for the Elderly (Article)
Mohammad Abdullah Taha AlmandrawySource: International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology
Here ends our selection of free Ergonomics books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.