With the idea of continuing to expand our virtual library, we have prepared a selection of free books on one of the best known movements worldwide, in this case feminism. The texts we present are feminist books in PDF format that you can access whenever you want.
Each of the books that we present in our list is in PDF format for your convenience.
What we know as feminism is a political and social movement that emerged during the late 18th century. At that time, it had not been assigned the name “feminism”, but it involved women becoming aware, as a collective group, of the rights they did not enjoy because of their sex. This prompted them to act to achieve the necessary transformations in society.
Since the initiative taken at the end of the 18th century by a group of women, the feminist movement took shape and became legalized worldwide. This has led to several changes in favor of women, who have since gained some rights they did not have before, such as the right to education in some regions, the right to vote, professional equality, among others.
We have included texts in Spanish and Portuguese, so you can decide in which language you want to enjoy your reading. On the other hand, it is important to note that all the books in our selection are in the public domain or have been made available for free distribution.
In our select list of more than 20 feminist books in PDF format, you will learn about the history of this movement, as well as the regions in which they have achieved political and social changes. You will also learn about concepts, names and laws related to the subject.
Here we present our complete selection of Feminist Books:
1) Patriarchy and Resistance: A Feminist Symbolic Interactionist Perspective of Highly Educated Married Black Women
Sinenhlanhla Sithulisiwe ChisaleSource: Core
2) Feminism and its Impact On woman in the Modern Society
Amina Ghorfati y Rabha MediniSource: University of Tlemcen
4) The Global Women’s Rights Movement
Wendy HarcourtSource: United Nations Research Institute for Social Developmen
5) Feminism, Women’s Movements and Women in Movement
Sara Motta, Cristina Flesher Fominaya, Catherine EschleSource: Core
6) 2021 Report on Gender Equality in the EU
Official website of the European UnionSource: Official website of the European Union
8) The Variety of Feminisms and their Contribution to Gender Equality
Judith LorberSource: Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
10) Is our feminism bullshit? The Importance of Intersectionality in Adopting a Feminist Identity
Rhea Ashley Hoskin, Kay E. Jenson & Karen L. BlairSource: Taylor & Francis Online
12) An Introduction:Feminist Perspectives
Penny A. Pasque, PhD and Brenton Wimmer, MEdSource: Acpa
13) Contemporary Feminism: Art Practice, Theory, and Activism--An Intergenerational Perspective
Mira Schor, Emma Amos & Susan BeeSource: University of South Florida
15) Political Ideology and Feelings Towards Feminism: Why Young People Reject the Feminist Label People Reject the Feminist Lab
Raychel RennaSource: Syracuse University
16) Covid-19 and feminism in the Global South: Challenges, initiatives and dilemmas
Nadje Al-AliSource: International Association of Schools of Social Work
17) Feminism Past and Present: Ideology, Action, and Reform
Camille PagliaSource: Boston University
20) The Relevance of Women’s Rights for Contemporary Feminism(s)
Adriana IordacheSource: Analize Journal
21) What does the ‘Fourth Wave’ mean for teaching feminism in 21stcentury social work?
Ruth Phillips & Viviene E. CreeSource: The University of Edinburgh
24) Women’s Movement: The History and Timeline
Indian Hills Community CollegeSource: Indian Hills Community College
Here ends our selection of free Feminist books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.