Taking into account the importance of certain topics and how relevant it is to have access to information, we have decided to share free books related in this case to Sustainable Development. The selected list of books on Sustainable Development that we present in this post, are in PDF format for your convenience.
Sustainable Development is a young concept that was developed by some experts in order to create guidelines that allow the development of societies while preserving the environment.
This concept is based on three aspects: society, economy and environment. Its official definition was established in the Brundtland Report, which states that Sustainable Development consists of: «Meeting the needs of present generations without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs». Brundtland Commission: Our Common Future (Commission on Environment and Development).
The scope of sustainable development can be divided into three parts: economic, ecological and social. The social factor is taken into account because of the relationship between social welfare and the environment and a good economy.
All aspects, elements and fundamentals related to sustainable development can be found in the books we have chosen for you. Our selection covers all relevant and essential information on this young but important concept.
We present you a list of more than 15 books on Sustainable Development in PDF format. Each and every one of these publications is available for free distribution or is in the public domain.
Read. Learn. Grow.
Here we present our complete selection of Sustainable Development Books:
1) Introduction to Sustainable Development
International Hellenic UniversitySource: International Hellenic University
2) Basic Principles of Sustainable Development
Jonathan M. HarrisSource: Tufts University
3) Revisiting Sustainable Development
Peter UttingSource: United Nations Research Institute for Social Development
4) Transformations to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
International Institute for Applied Systems AnalysisSource: International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
5) Transformations for Sustainable Development
The Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the PacificSource: The Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
6) Measuring Sustainable Development
United NationsSource: United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
8) Sustainable Public Procurement and the Sustainable Development Goals
Nordic Council of MinistersSource: Nordic Council of Ministers
9) Sustainable Development Goals
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United NationsSource: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
10) Transforming our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
United NationsSource: Welcome to the United Nations
11) The importance of all Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for cities and communities
ICLEI Local Governments for SustainabilitySource: Local 2030
13) Sustainable Development Goals
The United Nations Development ProgrammeSource: United Nations Development Programme
14) Sustainable Development Goals
International Institute for Sustainable DevelopmentSource: International Institute for Sustainable Development
15) The Principle of Sustainable Development as the Basis for Weighing the Public Interest and Individual Interest in the Scope of the Cultural Heritage Protection Law in the European Union
Adam KozieSource: Molecular Diversity Preservation International
16) Sustainable Development
Vangelis VitalisSource: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
17) Sustainability and sustainable development: unraveling overlays and scope of their meanings
Alexandre André Feil, Dusan SchreiberSource: SciELO - Brasil
18) Education for Sustainable Development: Connecting the Dots for Sustainability
Sushita Gokool-Ramdoo and Anwar Bhai RumjaunSource: US Department of Education
19) What is Education for Sustainable Development(ESD)? (Article)
Thomas Hoffmann and Hannes SiegeSource: ESD Expert Net
Here ends our selection of free Sustainable Development books in PDF format. We hope you liked it and already have your next book!
If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.